Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Poynter Online: Places Journalists Should Go for Politics

Well, this list was rather amazing. What would journalists do without the Internet, seriously?? I guess in 50 years, candidates won’t even have to give public speeches and talk about themselves and their views, because journalists will the job for them. If I were interested in politics, which I’m not, I’d be really excited now. If a journalist has a free day or two, he or she can just go through all the sites and gather a tremendous amount of information.

I think OpenSecrets.org was rather interesting. Did you know for example that Obama started out with $516,500 on his Senate account and then raised more than $79 million from individuals??

And then the Tyndall Report. Well, that is pretty intense. I don’t understand how that site is able to monitor all the news, but it’s awesome. I mean, looking back 20 years from now and analyzing all the data. That’d make an interesting article!! Journalists are writing history! It’s so cool. Mostly with the Internet… I’m so excited about how the knowledge and thinking of people will change in the next 100 years.

No comments: