Monday, December 3, 2007

Tutorials

iMovie Tutorial

I hate tutorials. I think they are dull and it takes a lot of time to read them. I went through this one, though. And what I said proved to be true...

The thing is I've used iMovie a couple times before. As a filmmaker wanna-be, I started out with Final Cut Pro when I was 16, so using iMovie wasn't that big of a deal.

The news things I "learned" from the tutorials was the difference between cropping and cutting. Also, I sort of forgot that iMovie had some cool video FX, I'll check those out.

And yeah, I had no idea what Magic iMovie meant, so I know that now, too.



Garageband Tutorial

As a Journalism professor, I guess you don't really know the musical sides of your students. Well, let me tell you, I'm a musical talent and my first CD came out this summer. No, seriously. I already sold one copy to my sister. Actually, it was rather a gift... Anyways, the title of my CD is "The Debuting Album of a Born Genius." And I created it with Garage Band. It was rather fun. So that’s how I got to get familiar with this amazing program.

However, I don’t think it’s the very tool I’d use to record audio for slide shows or videos. To me, it seems more of a music maker tool. As a Journalist, all I have to use is the record button and then edit it.

I like the podcast function, though. The only thing is: I’d be careful with using prerecorded sound effects. I just wrote a research paper on Welles’ “War of the Worlds,” and trust me people believe what they hear…

So, the “Enhanced Podcast” function is basically identical to making an audio slideshow. Interesting…

No comments: