Monday, December 3, 2007

Poynter

Poynter

Well, I really liked reading about the inventor of Soundslides. He must be an amazing guy. I admire people who are good professionals and at the same time they see the big picture. In this case, Joe Weiss saw the importance of integrating modern technology into photojournalism.

I liked the point he made that video is not necessarily better than still photos. I like when people appreciate "traditional" things and can also explain why they do it so.

However, Weiss said a couple things about the down side of slideshows: they take four or five times longer to make than putting together a simple visual assignment and you need good photos. L

On the other hand the web enables photojournalists to publish as many pictures as they like without limits.

And the reason why I really liked this guy was his idea of seeing journalism as a tool to connect “humans to humans.”

No comments: